Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS)
Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme Updates
The Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme replaced the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme in September 2020 and is expected to close on the 30th April 2022.
As part of the Government announcement on Friday 21st January and the reopening of Ireland gets underway there has been some changes of note to the EWSS for those business that were impacted as a result of the public health measures reintroduced in December 2021:
- They will receive an additional month of support until 31st May 2022
- The enhanced rates of the subsidy scheme will apply for the month of February
- March 1st will see the two-tier rates of €151.50 and €203 apply
- A flat rate subsidy of €100 will be paid for April and May
For those business not directly impacted by the reintroduction of the public health measures put in place in December:
- The two-tier rate applies from 1st February of €151.50 and €203
- The reduction to the flat rate subsidy of €100 will come into effect on 1st March
- The scheme will cease as planned on the 30th April 2022
The full rate of Employers’ PRSI will be reinstated from the 1st March regardless if you business was directly impacted by the December restrictions.
For more on the EWSS read:
Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS) Q&A
The Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme – Explained
Updated Guidance from Revenue
Revenue have made various updates to the Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS) Guidance document – full details are available here https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/documents/ewss/ewss-guidelines.pdf
Paycheck Plus, Your Outsourced Payroll Provider
As Ireland’s most highly accredited payroll provider, we’ve been providing Irish payroll services tailored specifically to each of our client’s needs for nearly two decades. Our unique payroll services cover all aspects of payroll processing and management for our clients including answering our client’s employee queries through our Employee Assist Helpline.
To ensure accurate payroll service or to find out more information on our Irish payroll firm simply request a callback or request a payroll quote. Alternatively, you can call our payroll bureau on 041-9892100.