Client Payroll - Team Lead
Paycheck Plus is Ireland’s award-winning payroll outsource provider for the Small & Medium sized business. Our Head Office is based in Drogheda, Co. Louth just 20 minutes from Dublin Airport and 30 minutes from Dundalk with easy bus access. At Paycheck Plus we believe in offering our clients a first-class service focusing on their specific needs with our specialist tailored services and expert knowledge in payroll calculations and employment law.
As an equal opportunities employer, we are now seeking additional expertise from enthusiastic team-players to support our growing business on a full time basis in our Head Office. IPASS and or CIPP Accreditation is desirable or willingness to pursue both Accreditations essential as is proven experience in a fast-paced payroll processing environment.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, your duties and responsibilities will be as follows;
Answerable to the Departmental Supervisor, the ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ previous experience within a fast-paced, deadline-driven payroll environment. The successful candidate will join a Payroll Team of 20 passionate payroll professionals at varying levels and have the opportunity to learn something new every day. There are also opportunities and support to move into supervisory and management positions within the company, if desired.
Managed Payroll Team/People Development
- Lead, manage and motivate the Managed Payroll Team (Irish and UK) at different levels in their payroll careers. This will be done through performance appraisals, training, payroll scheduling, recruitment, and induction, ensuring rollout of team’s desired objectives and goals. This will be with support and direction from the Regional Operations Manager and the Leadership Team.
- Ensure training is provided operationally and the Managed Payroll Team are given the resources to pursue any relevant training.
- Liaise with Senior Management to ensure resources are in place to facilitate ongoing training, absenteeism, professional development.
- Plan, organize and schedule tasks and process flow on a cyclical basis i.e., weekly, fortnightly, bi-monthly, quarterly etc.
- Support the Managed Payroll Team in communicating with their client base and setting fees for additional payroll requirements.
- Support the Managed Payroll Team in providing ad-hoc solutions to client queries.
- Support the Managed Payroll Team with new projects and ensure they have sufficient training and resources to carry out any projects they are part of.
- Monitor and approve Timesheets seeking continuous margin improvements where relevant
- Approve annual leave requests
- Evaluate current systems and internal practices, develop and recommend policies and procedures to ensure payroll is processed accurately and efficiently in a timely and compliant manner.
- Support the Managed and Lite Payroll Teams with technical queries pertinent to payroll software, IT and payroll issues and liaise with relevant vendors
- Continue to work with the Leadership Team to rollout payroll software enhancements and modifications
- Utilise Excel, Data Analytics, Report Writing, Integration and Automation, People Management skills across the organisation
- Work with the Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager to ensure the Managed Payroll Team are working to ISO 9001, 27001 and 27701 standards.
- Assist the Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager as required to ensure compliance and control risk within the payroll processes.
- Regular review of documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and assist the Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager with the payroll inspections, as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal controls, KPIs, budgets and other financial and quality control matters
- Research and review any current processes with a view to updating and/or amending in line with Lean and any possible automations within the payroll function.
- Support the Managed Payroll Team with NPS action plan for detractor and passive clients
- Support the Managed Payroll Team to keep the At Risk Register accurate and up to date
- Supporting the Managed Payroll Team to onboard new clients to include liaising with clients and ensuring expectations are managed and adequate resources are allocated.
- Maintaining regular contact with client base where required and ensuring work carried out by the team is absolutely accurate.
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about providing clients with the highest level of service and ensuring that the Managed Payroll Team are providing this service.
- Maintaining and further developing the relationship with the existing customer base throughout Ireland and the UK
- Prepare and monitor payroll processing schedule for all Managed Payroll Team members
- Process a number of payrolls each month to validate system integrity and keep up to date on system, legislative and regulatory requirements. (Details of these to be defined at the beginning of each month and/or as the month evolves)
- Check payrolls for Managed and Lite Payroll Team members where required
- Continue to focus on your career within Paycheck Plus by undertaking relevant training courses
- Support the Regional Operations Manager on an ad hoc basis
- Support the Leadership Team with Tender submissions where relevant
- Complete monthly Executive Summary for OD
The Ideal candidates will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience of Sage Micropay, Payroll Journals, CSO Returns, Benefits etc
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel & Outlook
- Excellent time management, administration skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage own processing schedule
- Participate in payroll process improvement projects, efficiencies, automation and systems enhancements
- Participation in projects as requested including system implementation, process reviews, product/service innovation, testing etc.
- Communicate and support cross-functional goals and objectives.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid/Remote working pattern
- Normal working hours are per the local office policy, Monday to Friday which complies with local regulations (9.15 – 5.15 with a half hour for lunch)
- Education bursary and training supports
- 24 days annual leave plus, statutory entitlements – pro-rated
- Access to executive coaching & mentoring
- Access to workplace wellness programme
- Death-in-Service x 4 Salary
- Employer pension contribution of 3% to match employee contribution of 3%
- Hospital Saturday Fund– Company contribution, subject to BIK
We are seeking passionate payrollers with proven experience in a large volume, fast-paced payroll environment. If you embrace that passion, take pride in a job well done, and want to be part of our global award-winning team, please send a cover letter detailing the key attributes you possess to be considered for the role of Client Payroll Team Lead.
To apply for this role please fill in the form below or forward your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position to email@example.com